John J. Muldowney
800-941-5001 (Toll Free)
John Muldowney, for over 25 years, has focused his practice as a trial lawyer on civil litigation and personal injury. A member of the prestigious Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, John has obtained numerous verdicts and settlements exceeding one million dollars.
John has handled litigation that ranges from complex products liability to medical malpractice, including cases involving car and truck accidents as well as construction litigation. Examples of prior cases include a products liability case where he obtained a verdict of $2.7 Million in favor of the Firm’s client; a motorcycle case where he obtained a settlement in excess of $1 Million for the widow of a law enforcement officer; a motor vehicle case which he settled for over $3 Million for a young man suffering catastrophic injuries; and a construction litigation case where he recovered over $2 Million for a school district due to defective construction practices.
Though extremely adept at negotiating a case, John believes effective negotiating strength comes from the ability and willingness to fight for a client through trial and verdict, if it is required. By following this principle, he has recovered millions of dollars for his clients.
A graduate of Princeton University and Albany Law School of Union University, John also acts as the managing partner of the Firm. He resides in Saranac Lake with his wife Sally. They have four children. In addition to his work responsibilities, John is also a volunteer football coach at St. Lawrence University.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation & Appeals
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury—Plaintiff
- Construction Litigation
- General Litigation
- Workplace Accidents
- New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2014
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. - 1988
- Honors: Senior Trials Champion, 1988
- Honors: National Trial Team Competition, 1986–1988
- Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
- A.B. - 1981
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Franklin County Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers
- American Association for Justice
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Past Employment Positions
- Franklin County, New York, Assistant District Attorney, 1989–1990